We want to help small businesses in York, North Yorkshire and East Riding develop innovative new products by providing grants for equipment
- 40% grant for equipment that enables innovation and which generates new jobs and growth, up to a maximum grant value of £20k
- Expert business development support to help develop funding proposals.
- Guidance and advice available at every step of the application process from an experienced team.
What is Innovation?
Innovation is about responding to a particular demand or business challenge through the development of new products or processes. It doesn’t have to be about the creation of a new idea or knowledge. You could be combining existing and new knowledge to solve a current challenge that adds value to your business.
PAPI can support equipment that enables the development of products that are new to the business or the market. We can also support process equipment as long as this leads to the development of a new product.
Hear from four companies about their approach to innovation:
- VIATIC: Culture is the first place to start in innovation
- Zetechtics: Never shoot down an idea
- Bee Health: Go back to Business basics to drive innovation
- Brymor Ice Cream: Breaking into the major chains – adapting to fit customer needs
Other companies have used innovation funding:
- The Innocent Pet Care company invested in more drying equipment to meet growing demand for their pet treats.
- Wilson BioChemicals are turning household waste into high-value chemicals and fuels using steam treatment.
- Family-owned landscaping company Landplan Ltd used the cash injection to invest in green technology.
Read their stories on our case studies page.